• Subspecialty 2007-2009
Shahid-Beheshti University of Medical Sciences
• Board Certification 2003
Mashhad University of Medical Sciences
• Medical Doctor (M.D.) 1989-1997
Mashhad University of Medical Sciences
NICUs (Neonatal Intensive Care Units) at Mofid Children Hospital 2007-present
Mahdie Maternity Hospital, Taleghani General Hospital, Director
Shahid-Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Consulting Deputy of Legal Medicine
Consulting Deputy of Medical Council I.R. Iran
• NICU Department, 2005-2007
• NICU Department, 2004-2005
Mehregan General Hospital,
• PICU (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit) 2003-2006
Dr. Sheikh Children Hospital,
Mashhad University of Medical Sciences,
• Medicins-Sans-Frontiers in Mobile Clinics and “Voluntary Repatriation” process of Afghan
Mashhad, Iran 1998-2000
• Internship rotations 1995 - 1997
Imam-Reza and Ghaem General Hospitals,
Mashhad University of Medical Sciences,
• Mechanical ventilation
• Neonatal intensive care
• Low birth weight and extremely low birth weight neonates
• Assistant professor of neonatology, Director of Pediatrics Dept. 2009 - present
Shahid-Beheshti University of Medical Sciences (SBMU)
• National educator for neonatal resuscitation program, SBMU
• Deputy of neonatal resuscitation workshops, SBMU
• Leading member in the Committee for Infections Control in Neonatal Dept., Mahdie Hospital
• Supervisor for antibiotics prescription practices in the Neonatal Dept., Taleghani and Mahdie
• Invited expert member to the National Committee of Forensic Medicine
• Deputy of Academic Affairs, Neonates Dept., Taleghani Hospital 2013-present
• Head of NICU at Mehregan General Hospital, Mashhad, Iran 2005-2007
• Staff member of NICU 2005-2007
Razavi General Hospital, Mashhad, Iran
• Reviewer for scientific journals such as Journal of Preventive Medicine and Hygiene, Journal of Comprehensive Pediatrics, Archives of Pediatric Infectious Diseases (APID), Journal of International Medical Research (JIMR), and Gynecological Endocrinology Some examples of reviewed articles include:
• 2017: The Effect of Therapeutic Communication on Breastfeeding in Nulliparous Mothers: A Clinical Trial
• 2018: Investigating post discharge common problems of premature neonates.
• Journal of Preventive Medicine and Hygiene 2020: Did Iranians take health measures during Nowruz holidays? A study on Iranians’ knowledge, attitude, and practice toward COVID-19
• APID 2020: Neonatal Pemphigus Vulgaris: A Case Report
• APID 2017: Should Congenital Rubella Syndrome Screening be Required for Newborns?
• APID 2017: Prevalence and Severity of Thrombocytopenia in Blood Culture Proven Neonatal Sepsis: A prospective Study
• 2020: Title: Mothers’ Knowledge of Breastfeeding and Infant Feeding Types Affect Acute Respiratory Infections
• Manuscript ID: 43421, 2016: Factors Affecting Physicians’ Decision-Making for the Survival of Extremely Preterm Infants: Physicians’ Perceptions and Experiences
• 2016: Rapid-onset obesity with hypothalamic dysfunction, hypoventilation and autonomic dysregulation (ROHHAD) syndrome: a case report
• Journal of Comprehensive Pediatrics 2019: The Risk Factors Associated with Congenital Anomalies in Newborns • Aim 10435: Duration of Antibiotic Therapy in VLBW Infants with Exposure to Chorioamnionitis and Negative Blood Culture: Their Outcomes
• APID 2019: Nosocomial Infection in an Iranian Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: Hospital Epidemiology and Risk Factors
• JIMR 2020: Effects of insulin levels in serum and colostrum of women with gestational diabetes mellitus on blood glucose level of newborns
• Gynecological Endocrinology 2019: The association between novel glucose indices in parturients with type 1 diabetes mellitus and clinically neonatal hypoglycemia
• APID 2016: Predictive factors of acute renal failure in neonates with septicemia
• JIMR 2019: Inotropy and Systemic Oxygen Delivery in Very Low Birth Weight neonates during the transitional period
• Journal of Comprehensive Pediatrics 2019: Pathological Childhood Masturbation in Children Referred to Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinic
• APID 2018: A Triple-Blind Placebo-Controlled Trial of Recombinant Human Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor for Sepsis
• Journal of Preventive M Hygiene 2020: Trichotomy of knowledge, attitude and practice of food handlers towards food and water safety in food establishments in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
• Naseh, A., et al. (2018), Prevalence of vitamin D deficiency in pregnant mothers in Tehran and investigating its association with serum glucose and insulin. The Journal of Maternal-Fetal & Neonatal Medicine. Volume 31(17);2312-2318. Published online: 30 June 2017 https://doi.org/10.1080/14767058.2017.1342796
• Moghimi, M., Ashrafzadeh, S., Rassi, S. and Naseh, A. (2016), Maternal Zinc Deficiency and Congenital Anomalies in Newborns. Pediatrics International. Accepted Author Manuscript. doi:10.1111/ped.13176.
• Nourbakhsh, S., Ashrafzadeh, S., Hafizi, A., & Naseh, A. (2016). Associations between maternal anthropometric characteristics and infant birth weight in Iranian population. SAGE Open Medicine, 4, 2050312116646691. http://doi.org/10.1177/2050312116646691.
• Ghotbi, F., Naseh, A., Azargashb, E., Naraghi, S. and Sene, A. (2016), Risk Factors for Early Discontinuation of Breastfeeding in Iranian Mothers. Open Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 6, 606-614. doi: 10.4236/ojog.2016.610076.
• Naseh, A. & Yekta B.G. (2014), INSURE method in early and late premature neonates with respiratory distress; factors affecting the outcome and survival rate, Turkish Journal of Pediatrics, Volume 56, Issue 3, 232-237.
• Naseh, A., Hafizi, A., Malek, F., Mozdarani, H., Yassaee, V. (2012), TAR Syndrome, a Rare Case Report with Cleft Lip/Palate. The Internet Journal of Pediatrics and Neonatology. Volume 14 Number 1.
• Fakhraee, S.H., Kazemian, M., Afjah, S.A., Naseh, A. (2010), Index of Suspicion in the Nursery: case report, Abdominal Distention and Jaundice in a 10 Day-Old Infant, NeoReviews;11;e144-e149.DOI:10.1542/neo.11-3-e144.
• Naseh, A et al. (2003), Cardiac Complications in Βeta-Thalassemia Major, Medical Journal of Mashhad University of Medical Sciences. 46(80), 73-80.
• Naseh, A et al. (2002), Progressive Pseudorommatoid Chondrodysthrophia (case report), Iranian Journal of Pediatric Diseases; Number 3.
• Naseh, A. (2009), The Study of Administering Surfactant Alongside Applying Continuous Positive Pressure Through Nasal Airways in 276 Neonates with Respiratory Distress Syndrome in NICUs of Mofid And Mahdie Hospitals, Tehran, Iran, (subspecialty thesis which was awarded as the highest rank thesis of the year).
• Naseh, A. (2003), The Study of Prevalence of Cardio-Vascular Anomalies in Patients with Major Beta Thalassemia (specialty thesis).
• Naseh, A. (1997), The Study of Reasons for Developing Fever in Neonatal Outpatients in Pediatrics Dept. of Imam-Reza Hospital, Mashhad, Iran (MD thesis).
• Naseh, A., Nourbakhsh, S., Sarkhail, P., Najafian, B., Tohidi, M., Azizi, F. Associations between maternal and neonatal anthropometric characteristics and insulin markers with neonatal birth weight; an observational cohort study. Turk J Pediatr. 2017;59(6):625-635. doi: 10.24953/turkjped.2017.06.002.
• Naseh, A., Nourbakhsh, S., Hafizi, A., Ashrafzadeh, S., Rassi, S. (December 2015), Monitoring vitamin D level in mothers during pregnancy is an important measure to correct deficiencies and maintain fetal health. Poster presented at the annual Excellence in Pediatrics Conference, London, England.
• Naseh, A. et al., (2016, September). Vitamin D Monitoring in Maternal Serum during Pregnancy to Correct Deficiencies and Maintain Fetal Health. Poster was accepted to The Fetus & Newborn Conference, New Orleans, USA. • Naseh, A., Taslimi Taleghani, N. (2020) Risk factors associated with serious bacterial infections among newborns with high body temperature. Submitted for publication to the Journal of Preventive Medicine and Hygiene
• Gholami, N., Hosseini, R., Naseh, A. (2019), Clofibrate for Non-Hemolytic Icterus in Term Newborns: Randomized-Controlled Trial, Iran. Journal of Comprehensive Pediatrics 10(4):e90011. doi: 10.5812/compreped.90011. • Naseh, A., Ashrafadeh, S. (2020), A Case of a Mother and Her Newborn Positive for COVID-19. Submitted for publication to the Journal of Emerging Infectious Diseases.
• Norouzinia, M., Azodi, MZ., Seyfi, DN., Kardan, A., Naseh, A., Akbari, Z. (2019). Predication of hub target genes of differentially expressed microRNAs contributing in Helicobacter Pylori infection in gastric non-cancerous tissue. Gastroenterology and Hepatology from Bed to Bench 12, 44-50.
• Rezasoltani, S., Sadeghi, A., Radinnia, E., Naseh, A., Gholamrezaei, Z., et al. (2019) The association between gut microbiota, cholesterol gallstones and colorectal cancer. Gastroenterology and Hepatology from Bed to Bench 12, 8-13.
BOOKS (Translated from English to Farsi)
• A. Naseh, M.Zamanipour, “Manual of Neonatal Care”, Sixth Edition, 2011.
• Presently, working on writing a manual book for using mechanical ventilators.